Monday, September 8, 2008

The Broken Link Auditor

The Broken Link Auditor

I mentioned yesterday that for my next C# learning experience, I was writing a program that read web pages and looked for broken links. I am almost ready to make it visible. It does work--and I am not terribly surprised to find that some of my web pages have broken links. When I started it search from my home page, it started auditing my blog, which is in the same directory--and my, are there a lot of broken links, especially in postings from a couple of years back! This isn't surprising, since many of these links to newspaper and magazine articles.

Anyway, I'm glad that I wrote this program, both for the experience, and because it has found a few broken links in my non-blog web pages, and this makes it easier to fix them. You may find it useful for your own web pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment