Saturday, September 5, 2009

Angry Liberals

Angry Liberals

You know, I'm glad that the blogosphere is all virtual. I look at the nasty personal insults directed at me, and it makes me wonder if people this filled with rage could handle a face to face discussion of important public policy questions without starting to throw things at me. Like this one, from Roger Ailes:
Now that he's finally mastered breathing, libertarian moron Clayton Cramer turns his thoughts to Big Brother. He quotes the following post from Ken "Boehm Boehm" Boehm at the "National Legal and Policy Center."
Now, what's amazing is that in the post in question, I acknowledged that there could be a legitimate record keeping function involved in the contract that the White House had let--but it was a bit surprising that no one in the mainstream media was asking questions about the political abuse potential involved. Certainly, if Bush had done something like this, there would have been quite a fuss--and with some good reason, even. But Roger Ailes, being on the left, apparently either doesn't worry about Big Brother, or figures that worrying about Big Brother now that a Democrat is president is paranoid.

And The Stupid Shall Be Punished wrote:

"Birthers" Get More And More Unhinged

"Birthers", including formerly relevant Idaho blogger Clayton Cramer, were orgasmic this week when nutcase lawyer Orly Taitz produced a forged Kenyan "Birth Certificate" for President Obama. Cramer went so far as to say he would "need some serious proof that it isn't a forgery".
Huh? I make it clear that something this dramatic requires "some serious proof" to be believed, and this is a sign that I am a "birther" and "more and more unhinged"? (And if I am "formerly relevant," why bother linking?) I was skeptical of the Kenyan birth certificate just because it was so conveniently provided--but some of the evidence that it was a fraud was completely defective. (The date on the certificate was 1964, so "Republic of Kenya" on the document did not demonstrate forgery.)

I'm not terribly thin-skinned (if I were, the blogosphere would be the wrong place for me), but I have to wonder why these two bloggers (among many) think that it is an effective argumentation strategy to engage in fifth-grade level of personal insults. Fifth-graders do it because they don't have any substantive issues to argue, and even if they did, they lack the intellectual ammunition to argue those points.

It is almost like liberals had lost the election, and are now enraged. In a sense, they did: many of the promises that Obama made during the campaign went by the wayside, once he was in office.

No comments:

Post a Comment