Friday, October 31, 2008

I Voted Absentee--And For a Democrat!

I Voted Absentee--And For a Democrat!

For the first time in my life, I voted absentee, because I will be in Bend, Oregon to work on Tuesday. And for those Democratic bloggers who think that I am a rigid Republican--why, I actually voted for Democrat Greg Simione for 2nd District County Commissioner. Why? I actually had a chance to hear the "Republican" Jaimie A. Anderson speech at one of candidate forums that I attended, and she sounded like a leftwing Democrat.

Garden Valley supporters of my campaign also tell me that what may have contributed (although only in a small way) to my loss in the Republican primary is that a lot of Boise County Democrats voted in the Republican primary this year just to help Anderson get the Republican nomination--and while they were there, they voted for State Senator Corder in the Republican primary (instead of yours truly).

There is still a small chance that McCain can defeat the preferred candidate of North Korea, Moammar Khaddafy, Fidel Castro, and Hugo Chavez--so get out there and vote. Democrats like Erica Jong are still saying that we will have a civil war in this country if Obama doesn't win:

"If Obama loses it will spark the second American Civil War. Blood will run in the streets, believe me. And it's not a coincidence that President Bush recalled soldiers from Iraq for Dick Cheney to lead against American citizens in the streets."

"Bush has transformed America into a police state, from torture to the imprisonment of reporters, to the Patriot Act."

She may be right that there will be race riots if Obama doesn't win. (Odd: but if Republicans said things like that, it would be a sign of racism, assuming that blacks are such sore losers that they can only respond with violence. But when Democrats say it--repeatedly--it's a sign of being politically engaged.) But I would also worry--eventually--about civil war if Obama gets in power, if it turns out that his associations with Bill Ayers, Rev. Wright, and the rest of the totalitarian America-haters don't turn out out to be coincidences. It won't be because Republicans rise up in fury at losing the election. It will be when progressives decide to "eliminate" those who can't be "re-educated." Why do you think the left is so hot to disarm law-abiding adults? They don't want any resistance to the re-education camps and extermination.

Most Democrats in America aren't progressives, thankfully. They're content to loot the pockets of the middle class, throw some chump change to the poor, and give most of it to their fellow multimillionaires. But the progressives that now largely dominate the Democratic Party--they are a scary bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment