Saturday, December 22, 2007

Suzuki Aerio SX AWD

Suzuki Aerio SX AWD

I drove a 2006 Suzuki Aerio SX all-wheel drive sedan yesterday. I was very impressed--even more so because the dealer was asking for $11,495 for one with only 9300 miles on it. It was nicely equipped, had adequate pep for an automatic--and it would be tempting solution to my snow problem. (Some people put bags of traction sand in the trunk of rear drive cars to solve the snow problem; right now, I have "traction ammunition" instead: a case of 7.62 mm NATO and several ammo boxes filled with pistol ammo. How Idaho!)

When I looked at various consumer reviews of the Suzuki Aerio, I noticed a lot of reviews that said what a great car it was--but a disturbing new of complaints about it being nothing but trouble. One of my daughter's friends bought a new Suzuki Aerio last year--and it spent two months of the first year in the shop. It was all covered by warranty--but the combination of the various consumer criticisms (including my favorite: someone who complained about a bumper that fell off in a bad rainstorm, although I can't find that complaint online right now) and this close to home problem makes me wonder if the reason this particular Aerio is two years old--and still only has 9300 miles on it--is that it was in the shop too much to rack up any miles.

Almost everyone agrees that Subarus are nearly indestructible--and it shows in the resale price. But perhaps I will just wait until summer, and plan to carpool with my wife when I have to go down the hill into Boise.

No comments:

Post a Comment