Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Some Dreams Are So Weird...

Some Dreams Are So Weird...

you find yourself wondering, "Where did that come from?" I had a dream last night that didn't come out of left field--it beamed in from another dimension.

In the dream, I was on a multiday journey through the most mountainous parts of central Asia by aerial tram. I'm reading an article in Shotgun News, which contains an excerpt from Abraham Lincoln's account of a business in which he was a partner in 1812. (Of course, Lincoln was born in 1809, so there's another problem with the dream.)

Then, I find myself starting to make a copy of the relevant paragraph...and the name of the business is written in symbols that I have never seen before. Now that I am awake, they look like something from one of the alien civilizations in Star Trek where they all seem to be speak English fluently, but write in completely different symbols. But in the dream, I suddenly realize that the business name is written in a Lithuanian runic alphabet. Then I look at the footnote on the article--and they are explaining how to enter these symbols on your keyboard...but the instructions assume that you have a Cyrillic keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment