Friday, September 25, 2009

It Appears That I Have A Teaching Position

It Appears That I Have A Teaching Position

The interview went well. I was given a very short summary of the idea of checks and balances in the U.S. government, and twenty minutes to prepare a presentation. A group of professors from several different departments were dragooned to evaluate my performance--and as you might expect on this topic I was ready to teach this some years before I entered the room.

They did not know about such checks and balances as the requirement that revenue bills must originate in the House of Representatives--at the time, the popularly elected branch of Congress. The requirement that spending bills for the army be limited to two years--the interval of elections to the House--and what requirement exists--were a surprise. I had rather a good time putting together such a presentation!

Anyway, assuming that the background check doesn't reveal that I am actually in the employ of Lord Voldemort, I believe that this is a go--at least for one class.

No comments:

Post a Comment