Monday, September 14, 2009

"On The Cover of the Rolling Stone"

"On The Cover of the Rolling Stone"

You may remember when Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show recorded "On the Cover of the Rolling Stone":
Well we are big rock singers, we've got golden fingers
And we're loved everywhere we go
We sing about beauty and we sing about truth
At ten thousand dollars a show
We take all kind of pills to give us all kind of thrills
But the thrill we've never known
Is the thrill that'll get you when you get your picture
On the cover of the Rolling Stone
Well, that's about how it feels when you finally break out of the third tier law reviews and into the top tier law reviews. Getting cited in a Supreme Court decision was even more cool, but I was told over dinner in Chicago that having a paper published in Hastings Law Journal means that I will have an easier time getting published in other first tier law reviews.

Anyway, I now have a bunch of reprints of the Hastings Law Journal article by Don Kates and myself, as well as the Williamette Law Review paper by Professor Joe Olson and myself. If you are interested in having those reprints, I would be quite happy to mail you the two of them for $5. I also have more copies of the full volume than I can possibly ever need. The Hastings Law Journal volume in question is a symposium issue devoted to Second Amendment issues. If you are interested in the full volume, let me know.

And to quote Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show:
Rolling Stone
Wanna see my picture on the cover
Rolling Stone
Wanna buy five copies for my mother
I'm sending one copy to my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment