Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wind Power

Much of the year, we have a steady and powerful wind running up here. I had always assumed, because I had nothing to gauge it against, that it was about 40-50 mph. Now that I have an anemometer, I know the answer--and no, it isn't quite that fast.

The wind this afternoon is blowing about like it does from September through May (or at least, it feels like those winds). I went up to the back of the property, where the wind generator should go. According to the anemometer, it's averaging about 21.4 mph, with maximum speed of 30.9. I'm going to keep an idea on this for the next several days, but once this kind of a wind starts blowing here, it generally keeps blowing for days. If so, the wind generator makes more and more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment