Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ford Makes a Profit

I'm disappointed, because I was hoping the boycott would get their attention enough that they decided to become a car company again, and not primarily a social change instrument. Partly, I'm very drawn to the Jaguar X-type, and I really can't buy one as long as Ford's idiot campaign to promote moral destruction of America is under way. I did see one encouraging sign:
DEARBORN, Mich. (AP) - Job cuts, slimmer losses in North America and good sales overseas helped Ford Motor Co. post surprise second-quarter earnings Thursday of $750 million, its first profitable quarter in two years.

The company also said the sale of its Jaguar and Land Rover subsidiaries was probable, and it said its U.S. market share rose during the quarter.
If they sell Jaguar, then the purring kitty is again available for consideration as a replace for the Corvette next year.

I wonder what effect such a sale might have on reliablity? It was rather a sad commentary on the state of Jaguar reliability that Ford's acquisition of Jaguar improved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment