Sunday, July 8, 2007

Ratatouille

My wife and I went to see this early this afternoon with our daughter and son-in-law, and we can wholeheartedly endorse this as a fine family film. It was funny, it was cleverly written, very well done computer graphics mixed with (I think) occasional actual film. There was no double entendre, no off-color references, no profanities, a few mild surprises along the way. Unlike Shrek 2, which profoundly disappointed me with its transgenderism and unnecessarily raw language, Ratatouille was a gem of a family film--a reminder that a G-rated film can be something that adults can enjoy as much as the kids.

If you want to see more movies like this made: vote with your dollars. Run right and see it.

UPDATE: A reader tells me that in the credits is a statement that they used no motion capture techniques--which would suggest that they didn't use any real photography, either. If so--even more impressive technically!

No comments:

Post a Comment