Friday, July 13, 2007

Idaho Weather

I remember sitting in a diner many years ago in Lewiston, Idaho during a thunderstorm, and being told by the waitress that in Idaho, "if you don't like the weather, wait twenty minutes, and it'll change."

We've been having a heat wave here the last few days--mid-90s even where we live, above 100 in Horseshoe Bend and Boise. Forest fires north and west of us have also been giving us a lot of smoke.

I had to run down to Kalac's Market in Horseshoe Bend for some rice for dinner, and I found myself saying, "Gee, those almost look like rainclouds." And part way back, huge raindrops started to hit the windshield, and the me (because the top was off the Corvette). Shortly after I drove into the garage, it started hailing! Wow! After hot days like these, hail and rain are so welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment