Monday, October 22, 2007

The Republican Candidates' Debate

I caught a little bit of Sunday evening, and I was pleased to see that most of the candidates were pretty well spoken. I didn't watch all of it, but none of them seemed quite as leaden as Bob Dole in 1996. I particularly enjoyed Giuliani's quotation of Hillary Clinton's statement, "I've got a million ideas, but America can't afford them all." I wondered if the quote was out of context, but this October 22, 2007 article from the Brown Daily Herald seems to confirm its reality. (I still don't want Giuliani as the Republican nominee--I don't trust him or his recently found conservatism.)

Ron Paul was an effective speaker, promoting the wrong ideas.

Fred Thompson did the kind of job that I was expecting an actor to do, and he made the right noises on the issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment