Tuesday, July 28, 2009

CD Changers For The Corvette

CD Changers For The Corvette

I was able to finish getting the CD changer to give me back my discs--but if I had any doubts about the potential of repairing it before, I no longer have that delusion! At least I was able to get my discs and the magazine that holds them (in the event that I buy an identical changer).

Well, there are some currently manufactured CD changers that plug into the GM stereo, such as this ten disc one. At $329, the price is a bit of an "ouch." Here's a company called Neo that builds a ten disc version that plugs into the CD changer cable.

It turns out that with a couple of exceptions, all GM cars used compatible twelve disc CD changers, and they are interchangeable. Here's the list of exceptions. There are some vendors offering used ones at pretty horrendous prices. But I also found them a bit more reasonably priced ones on eBay. Some are cheap enough that I may buy two, to have a backup, and in case one of them doesn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment