Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Part I Need To Make

The Part I Need To Make

This is the part that I need to make to replace the broken part.



UPDATE: The more I look at this, the more it just looks like a pain to make--lots of careful thought before I go on to each step. The biggest struggle is going to be making that .606" diameter hole. A 19/32" drill bit is .5938"--just a little small. There are .600" reamers available, and for only $27.38 from MSC Direct. I suspect that you start out drilling the hole with a 19/32" drill bit, then use the reamer to enlarge the hole.

Or it is possible that I can just use the 19/32" drill bit, and then put a great big piece of sandpaper on a smaller drill bit, and run it in and out of the hole until the sandpaper takes off .0061" of aluminum--which might happen pretty quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment