Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Need To Swap Obsolete Notebook DIMMs for Obsolete Desktop DIMMs

It's a match made in heaven! I want to upgrade the obsolete Linux desktop that I use for a backup server. I've got 256 MB in it now (2x128 MB DIMMs). If I could get a couple of 256 MB PC100 SDRAM DIMMs, that would max out its capacity. I just know some of you have these lying around a desk drawer, gathering dust.

At the same time, I have some obsolete DIMMs that you might need to repair an existing notebook or desktop for someone who is grateful to have a computer at all. I have two 64 MB PC100 SDRAM DIMMs that, when I removed them, were still working.

I also have some only slightly obsolete notebook memory--two 512 MB DIMMs that came out of a fairly recent Compaq notebook. Again, these were working when they came out of my son-in-laws notebook. They aren't worth much, but I would be happy to trade them for the 256 MB PC100 DIMMs I need for the Linux box.

No comments:

Post a Comment