Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Heller Arguments

Heller Arguments

I wasn't able to get into the oral arguments, but two of my lawyer friends did get into the lawyers's section. From discussions that I had with attorneys at our table, and who watched the oral arguments, there seems to be general agreement that we have five votes clearly for an individual right (and almost certainly to strike down DC's handgun ban): Scalia, Alito, Thomas, Roberts, and shockingly and obviously, Kennedy. There is also believed to be a possibility that we might get Ginsburg as well. Stevens and Breyer seem to be clearly against us, and perhaps Souter as well.

By now, the audio and perhaps the transcripts should be available. I'm at Denver Airport right now, so I will try and download them for analysis.

Thanks to Bitter Bitch for dragging journalists over to Professor Cottrol and myself for interviews. Australian Radio News and Howard University's public radio station both interviewed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment