Saturday, August 18, 2007

Rafting on the Boise River

We went rafting on the Boise River today, from Barber Park down to Ann Morrison Park. (Click here for information on renting a raft. It cost us $42.40 to rent a four person raft with four lifejackets and two oars.)

This wasn't a white water adventure. I was told that the worst of the rapids we went through were class 1--maybe class 0.5, according to my daughter! I'm not a spectacularly strong swimmer--in fact, I didn't learn to swim even at my current unimpressive level until I bought a house with a pool in California some years back--so I've always regarded the trips that you see in films with considerable trepidation.

Anyway, this was a pleasant way to spend an hour and a half, floating, occasionally getting some adrenalin rush as we went over somewhat rough water, and enjoying the beauty of the tree-lined banks of the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment