Thursday, August 16, 2007

Idaho Democrats


I generally ignore people whose notion of political argument is mixing personal insults and foul language. Snowflakes in Hell noticed the 43rd State Blues blog:
I may have my disagreements with Clayton on a lot of social issues, but if this is what passes for reasoned discourse among Idaho progressives, no wonder it’s a Republican dominated state. I sincerely hope this site isn’t run by grown adults.
I won't quote what 43rd State Blues has to say about me--I won't use that kind of language. As 43rd State Blues explains on the masthead:
Idaho's Families
Idaho's Future
Idaho's Democrats
43rd State Blues doesn't claim to be a spokesblog for the Idaho Democratic Party, but it is certainly one of the largest blogs devoted to Democratic Party politics in Idaho. I would hope that the Democratic Party would be so embarrassed by it that they would explicitly reject any connection to it--but perhaps they don't have a problem with it.

UPDATE: I was actually expecting that some of the other Idaho Democratic blogs would take the high road and suggest that 43rd State Blues might be better off focusing on substantive criticism instead of insults and pseudo-psychological analysis of gun ownership. But no, The Unequivocal Notion defends the childish behavior and foul language of 43rd State Blues.

I've been assuming that 43rd State Blues was just the problem of one very immature person. But I am beginning to think it might be a progressive thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment