Monday, April 6, 2009

Will Someone Please Put This One To Bed?

Will Someone Please Put This One To Bed?

I've long been intrigued by the curious way in which the DNC and Obama have fought to avoid turning over a copy of the long form birth certificate that would clearly establish that he was born in Hawaii. Now I see this bizarre claim that the photocopies of the birth announcements in Hawaii newspapers are a forgery, based on being a different font from the rest of the page!

I would ordinarily say, "That's silly. Who would do a forgery that bad?" The answer is: the same kind of idiots that forged Air National Guard documents from the 1970s using Microsoft Word to discredit Bush in the 2004 election.

So, here's a request: if you are somewhere that has the microfilm of the August 13, 1961 Honolulu Advertiser (and that's likely to be in an Hawaiian library only), could you please print out that page from microfilm, and verify that the original newspaper really does have Barack Obama's birth announcement on page B-6. I suspect that you will indeed find such a birth announcement, and then I can call nonsense on this claim. If you can't find it, I'll probably have to fly somewhere warm and tropical to check this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment