Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Corvette Is Out Of Winter Storage

The Corvette Is Out Of Winter Storage

I turned on the collision insurance, checked the vital fluids, charged it up, and took it out for a spin. I am so glad that I didn't sell it.

The Jaguar is sophisticated, genteel, elegant, and quiet.

The Corvette is raw, loud (both visually and auditorially), and brassy.

The Jaguar is easy to control at the limits of its cornering, with mild understeer.

The Corvette jumps up and down and begs to taken to the cornering limits--where you can pick between barely detectable understeer and oversteer that reminds you that you need to know what you are doing.

The Jaguar is sensible and respectable, but not exactly stirring.

The Corvette is, as my wife calls it, the tart: not sensible, not respectable, but incredibly exciting to take for a drive.

I suppose when the economy fully recovers, and demand for cars like this is again strong, I might come to my senses and find a buyer for it. Or I might decide: it's paid for. It works great. Even the insurance isn't too bad on it. And at my age, I'll never have another job good enough to let me buy something like this new.

No comments:

Post a Comment