Sunday, March 16, 2008

Another Set of Interesting Conversations

Another Set of Interesting Conversations

Last night dinner was with the usual suspects at a Chinese restaurant in Alexandria that is purported to be a favorite of both Presidents Bush, called Peking Gourmet.


Click to enlarge


From left to right that's my wife, me, Dave Hardy, Professor Bob Cottrol, and in the front row, Professor Joe Olson.

Dave, Joe, my wife, and I, had lunch with Alan Gura today in downtown Alexandria. Dave, Joe, and I are now, in the words of one of the prominent attorneys working on the Heller case, "Santa's little helpers."

I asked Joe and Dave, both of whom have argued before the Supreme Court, how important oral arguments were. Their response was that while oral arguments seldom win a case, they are, if not handled correctly, quite capable of losing an argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment