Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pure Sleep Antisnoring Device Didn't Work For Me

I mentioned a few weeks back a device advertised on TV called the Pure Sleep antisnoring device, sold with a 30 day money back guarantee.

It arrived. You fit to your mouth by immersing it in boiling water for 60 seconds, pull it out for 10-12 seconds, then put it into your mouth to mold to your teeth. You are supposed to have your lower jaw as far forward as you can comfortably project it while doing so.

The first couple of nights it was somewhat uncomfortable--but worse, my wife indicated that I wasn't any quieter. So I remolded it, and tried again, with my jaw farther forward. Still didn't solve the snoring problem, and I didn't sleep very well.

In addition, a reader warned me that a somewhat similar device, prescribed by a doctor, because he had used it consistently for a very long time--caused his jaw to grow to the point where his teeth no longer fit together properly. Scary enough for you? Oh yes, they could fix it by breaking his jaw.

I have no reason to believe that the Pure Sleep device would suffer from this problem (which is probably while they ask a bunch of questions on their website about TMJ and other jaw-related issues). I was only planning to use it while my wife and I were on vacation anyway, so only a few weeks of the year--but it didn't work for me, so there was no point in continuing the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment