Monday, October 3, 2005

The House Project: You Wil Have To Take My Word For It

As I mentioned below, my digital camera is out of service at the moment, so I will have to describe the current state of things.

We went up there yesterday. The septic tank is in the ground; the leach field is installed; all that remains is for the inspector to approve it before they cover everything over.

It rained heavily (for Idaho) over the weekend. While most of the roof has the tar paper in place, the back patio did not. (The roofing subcontractor insisted to my builder, "It's not going to rain this weekend.") The water came in and made a small pool in the dining room. The builder says that this won't be a problem--houses are now built year-round here because the demand is so strong, so they have experience dealing with rain on the subflooring, and know how to handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment