Saturday, June 20, 2009

I Had A Brilliant Idea Last Night...

I Had A Brilliant Idea Last Night...

It was a self-aligning tap wrench, using a series of rods and springs to hold the tap wrench perpendicular to the workpiece as you turned it. Alas, when I searched online, I found that someone had the same brilliant idea a few years back--and phrased it just about identically to how I would have done so:
A tap and die wrench for threading flat and round workpieces and, formed of hardened steel or a softer material with hardened steel inserts at those points sustaining torque and tensile forces during operation, provides a body member adapted for receiving and retaining taps and a base adapted for receiving and holding round or hex dies, and the body member and base are mounted upon parallel alignment rods and held apart by a spring bias effected through springs mounted on each of the rods.

No comments:

Post a Comment