Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Busy Days and Nights

Busy Days and Nights

Sorry this has been a bit less active of a blog the last week or so. Yes, I was on vacation. But I'm working very hard for my employer in Bend (and learning a lot about SQL along the way), and I've been filling orders for ScopeRoller in the evening--and there's not a lot of time left to do what I really love: write popular and scholarly works on important issues of public policy. (You might find this article by me that appeared Monday on PajamasMedia of interest.)

I keep having this wild fantasy that conservatives decide that this stuff matters, and start providing enough funding to think tanks that they work their way to the bottom of the hiring list, and hire someone like me. But alas! That must remain a fantasy, because only left of center types are rich enough, and care enough, to actually fund think tanks adequately.

It wouldn't take an engineering salary to get me to do that full time. Very shortly, I will be having to pay for health insurance not only for me, but for my wife and son as well--and as many of you know, even on COBRA continuation policies, this isn't cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment