Saturday, September 1, 2007

I'm Exhausted

I'm Exhausted

My son was moving to Portland to go to college, so I drove a U-Haul up there, leaving Boise at 8:00 AM, unloading it in the afternoon, meeting with some friends who live in the air, jumping on a 7:20 PM flight back to Boise. Oh my, what a trip!

This was the newest U-Haul I have ever rented. It was the 10 foot box, built on a GMC truck chassis with 4500 miles! I have never rented a U-Haul with less than 160,000 miles--and you could feel each and every one of them.

I flew Southwest Airlines coming back. One thing about Southwest that I rather like is the sense of humor that their attendants have. They always managed to add just a little bit extra to the required safety announcements. The just this side of swishy flight attendant had me in stitches. A couple examples that I was able to remember and write down included:

"In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, emergency oxygen masks will fall from the ceiling. As soon as you stop screaming and grabbing the passenger next to you, put the oxygen mask over your nose and mouth.... If you are traveling with small children, what were you thinking? Remember to put your own mask on first before assisting your child with his mask."

No comments:

Post a Comment