Friday, May 30, 2008

PayPal Email Notifications Not Coming Through?

PayPal Email Notifications Not Coming Through?

I rely on PayPal for the ScopeRoller business, and I had a recent embarrassing situation. A customer submitted an order through the ScopeRoller web site. The money ended up in my PayPal account--but the email notification that is supposed to tell me about this did not. It didn't go in my junk folder--it just never arrived. Almost a month later, I received an email from the customer, upset because his order hadn't been filled, and demanding his money back. Of course, I apologetically refunded his money.

Today I heard from someone I bought some skateboard bearings from (for a double secret project--one of my readers will know what for) on eBay, who hadn't received notification of payment--and then discovered that my payment had arrived--but the email notification did not.

If you rely on PayPal, it is probably a good idea to check your account periodically to verify that you are getting notified of incoming money.

No comments:

Post a Comment