Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Don't Hold Your Breath Waiting For Election Results

Don't Hold Your Breath Waiting For Election Results

Remember that my district includes two very rural, very sparsely populated counties, so it is at least an hour's drive from some precincts to the county seats--and that's in good weather. This being late May, we're having almost winter weather, with pouring rain, cold, and lightning storms. Adding to the delay is that the ballots (at least here in Boise County) are literally paper--and we mark the votes with an X.

I'm not expecting to see any results until morning. In the meantime, amuse yourself by refreshing the Idaho Secretary of State's web page.

I was slightly surprised when I went to vote that I didn't even need to tell the precinct officials what my name was--they knew me by sight!

UPDATE: It appears to be a resounding victory for Corder.

No comments:

Post a Comment