Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Heller Briefs

The Respondent's Brief (which is to say, the one written directly by the attorneys who represent the guy who brought the suit against the District of Columbia for its absurd gun control laws) is now visible here. I provided significant input and comments during the writing of it--as some readers of my book Armed America have already figured out, from some of the historical facts included in the brief.

Dave Hardy at Arms and the Law points to this February 5, 2008 Washington Post article about the brief, and calls it "quite a fair one." I agree. Perhaps liberals are beginning to figure out that they are going to lose. Dave also links here to a variety of law professor blogs discussing the merits of the case. You can hear the desperation in some of the negative comments at those blogs.

The Academics for the Second Amendment amicus brief, which I helped to write, will be visible shortly, as will some other briefs which I contributed inputs to as well.

UPDATE: The NRA's brief is here.

UPDATE 2: And here's another brief that I provided significant input and data for.

No comments:

Post a Comment