Thursday, December 22, 2005

Planned Parenthood Protecting Rapists

I've mentioned in the past that Planned Parenthood has a history of telling 13 year olds who get pregnant that they don't have to worry about their adult boyfriend getting in trouble; everything is confidential. I've also mentioned that last year California changed its law requiring reporting of child sexual abuse, apparently so that Planned Parenthood wouldn't be required to report it--and traditionally, they haven't bothered to do so. (Planned Parenthood's motto: "You rape 'em, we scrape 'em.")

Now we have additional evidence that Planned Parenthood covers up not only statutory rape, and perhaps unforced molestation of children, but also forcible rape as well. Planned Parenthood of the Golden Gate had a series of "real stories" from their clients up on their website--and one of them was erased shortly after people started to link to it:
It Keeps Us Safe

I was raped at 11, by my 17 year old boyfriend. I chose not to tell my parents because I didn't think their involvement would help, that was the right choice for me. Planned Parethood helped me deal with the aftermath of the rape allowing me to deal and cope as best as I could in my own way. I was 14 when I decided to start having sex, the day I made that choice I made an appointment to get birth control pills. I'm 17 now, I've been with my current boyfriend for about two years. During that time i've been HIV and STD tested four times. Right now I'm sitting in the waiting room while my boyfriend gets the results for his HIV test. We love each other so we're responsible and Planned Parenthood helps us to do that.
As Dawn Eden points out:
"It Keeps Us Safe"? Safe from what? Safe from parents finding out their little girls were raped? It certainly doesn't keep children safe from rapists.

To recap: An 11-year-old girl walked into Planned Parenthood, saying she had been raped. Not just statutory rape, either; forcible rape.

Planned Parenthood assured the girl that it would not contact her parents, and it was true to its word. Likewise, it must not have contacted the authorities either, otherwise the parents would certainly have been notified.

Thanks to Planned Parenthood, the rapist remained at large, still free to attack other little girls.
The stories that Planned Parenthood chose to leave up, however, are also pretty disturbing:
Planned Parenthood Through the Years

My mother brought me to PP when I was 14. I had been invited to attend senior prom and she thought it might be good to “be prepared.” I have been a fan of PP for over 15 years now. PP provides some of the best, well rounded, thoughtful services available to women.
That's California for you! Mom figures that her 14 year old is going to be having sex because she was invited to senior prom. I suppose it is better for the 14 year old to be using contraception rather than get pregnant--but the mother is aiding and abetting statutory rape.

No comments:

Post a Comment