Monday, November 9, 2009

Job Interview Today

Job Interview Today

Actually a pretty good match for my skill set--except that they were looking for someone with 1-5 years of experience. Still, I made the case that I was willing to work cheap, and be happy about it.

The interviewer admitted it was a bit intimidating to ask the "Microsoft punk technical questions" of someone who has been a software engineer longer than the interviewer has been alive. I think it overall went pretty well; it is just that I am competing with stacks of people with comparable amounts of experience, also willing to work cheap--because the alternative is not working at all.

The other good news is that tentatively I have two history classes to teach in the spring semester at a college in the area. I was hoping for something that would get me benefits, but who knows? If I do this for several years, I might eventually get a full-time teaching job that pays the equivalent of what I earned in 1982!

No comments:

Post a Comment