Friday, March 20, 2009

We Can't Be Serious All The Time

We Can't Be Serious All The Time

I found a few amusing pictures to share with you, mostly several years old.

The Boise are seems to have a lot of rather odd street names. Just southwest of the Boise limits there are such odd street names as Easyjet and Brandi's Jewels. Out along the road that leads to Jordan Valley is this memorable street name:


Click to enlarge


I think this must have been in Reno--for when pigs fly!


Click to enlarge


I suspect that this sign is even more disturbing at night, when the neon lights up:


Click to enlarge


UPDATE: A reader tells me the origin of Easyjet and Brandi's Jewels:
Easyjet and Brandi's Jewels are, or were, race horses from the Boise area. My folks raised quarterhorses and bred one of their horses to EasyJet. EasyJet's prime time would have been in the 70's or early 80's I think. My folks horse had a couple babies that did fairly well in the racing environment.
And that fits with the age of this subdivision, which looks to be 1980s.

No comments:

Post a Comment