Saturday, September 6, 2008

The "Palin Attended Multiple Colleges" Scandal!

The "Palin Attended Multiple Colleges" Scandal!

Tom Forbes over at Red County points to this ominous Associated Press story:
Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin attended five colleges in six years before graduating from the University of Idaho in 1987.

Federal privacy laws prohibit the schools from disclosing her grades, and none of the schools contacted by The Associated Press could say why she transferred.

There was no indication any of them were contacted as part of the background investigation of Palin by presidential candidate John McCain's campaign.
Oh yes, I'm sure that she transferred from school to school because she was being expelled for Satan worship, human sacrifice, and building WMDs in the chemistry labs.

There are a lot of us that attended several colleges before getting our degrees. I attended UCLA part-time when I was in high school (1973-74). I attended USC full-time for a year (1974-75)--scholarships actually made it less expensive for me than UCLA. Then I ran out of money. I went to UCLA for one quarter while working full-time--and had to drop out from a combination of a staph and strep throat infection (1978). And because UCLA wasn't really set up for working adults, I attended West Coast University in the evenings for a couple of terms in 1979.
I went back to college 1982-83 at Sonoma State University. I moved around the state a lot, working for various electronics companies (I have a "Migrant Software Worker" T-shirt), so I wasn't back in school until 1989, again at Sonoma State University. I received my B.A. in 1994, and my M.A. in 1998.
If liberals had any experience in the real world (instead of growing up in the world of wealth and privilege), they wouldn't find anything startling about Palin attending multiple colleges.

There's a little part of me that sometimes wonders if a real populist movement (and not the faux populism of obscenely rich people like John Edwards, Teddy Kennedy, and George Soros) might be a good thing--at least to put a scare into the billionaire's wing of the Democratic Party. For example: a 2.5% annual tax on net assets above ten million dollars. I wouldn't advocate that myself--but it would be entertaining to watch the liberals making excuses for why only incomes (those who are trying to become wealthy) are subject to taxes, but not assets (those who are already there).

UPDATE: I couldn't satirize the contempt that liberals have for whites that weren't born rich better than the comments over here:
As to your whine about the mean old left and Sarah Palin, don't you ever wonder if she attended so many colleges because she was trying to have sex with as many college men as she possibly could but her Alaska bound boyfriend at the time, Todd Palin, would get wind of it and drive his camaro down, his mullet flapping in the breeze, to kick some ass? So she had to keep changing schools?
I was almost tempted to link to this jerk's blog, where he claims that Palin's infant was obviously drugged at the convention, because he wasn't fussing or crying, but it appears that he is intentionally posting false quotes from Palin in order to increase his number of visitors. Why help him?

UPDATE 2: Here's a news story about her college attendance. No great surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment