Friday, September 19, 2008

Job Interview Next Week!

Job Interview Next Week!

Finally! A Boise company has me going in for a job interview next Thursday!

I have spent the last day or two struggling with flu (or something similar), but I am finally feeling energetic again. I'm trying to finish up my next book, so that I can inflict it on my agent. I haven't really been working on this due to a combination of factors:

1. Once you have the research done for a book, polishing it and reorganizing it is the least interesting part. And this has been true for every book that I have written. It is rather like when you have a program working, and you then need to go back through and look for common code that needs to be factored out, correcting comments, and making sure that you have all the interfaces clearly described. It needs to be done, but it isn't very intellectually satisfying.

2. This book is rather emotional in places--it brings back some very painful memories.

3. I have been a little depressed over the layoff.

4. I have been focused on that which will provide me with a more immediate return of money for time. The last book had a big (absolutely shocking) advance on it, but most of my books, if you calculated earnings relative to time invested, would violate federal minimum wage law.

Anyway, I need to get my last Shotgun News before the election article written, and then finish this book up for my agent. Of course, that doesn't mean that it is ready for publication--I still need to have family members go over it for accuracy, but I can get the agent out shopping for a publisher while I process their comments and corrections.

No comments:

Post a Comment