Thursday, August 14, 2008

Exercise: It Does A Body Good

Exercise: It Does A Body Good

I've been working out at least twice a week, often three times a week--and it is showing. I can't say that I have gotten a lot thinner, but the blood work came back--and my doctor was pleased to see a significant change for the better on my cholesterol--and believe me, I haven't changed my diet. (A previous doctor put me on the cardboard and grass cuttings diet--it didn't lower my cholesterol; it just made me irritable.)

The other good news is that my blood pressure was 128/74 today--and this is in spite of my employer terrorizing everyone with the prospect of getting laid off shortly. It won't be everyone, of course--we're making something like a billion dollars a year profit in the division that needs to have the fat cut out of it--but they are giving no one any clues. I was transferred to a new boss yesterday, so I assumed that this was a good sign. Why would they exert the effort to transfer me to a new boss (which I am sure cost them hundreds of dollars in administrative foolishness) if they were going to lay me off in two weeks? But my new boss told me not to get too confident; he has no idea if he will have a job in two weeks. Productivity, not surprisingly, has fallen like a stone.

It is a good thing that I am trying to get this solar power startup going--good timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment