Friday, June 13, 2008

Either Gas Is Still Too Cheap....

Either Gas Is Still Too Cheap...

Or there's a lot of people who aren't at all poor. I had to run into work this morning to pick up some cabling. (My employer upgraded my notebook which I use for telecommuting, and the cabling for my monitor and keyboard all changed.) There was an astonishing traffic jam at 2:00 PM on the road to McCall what with all the SUVs, trucks hauling trailers, trucks with offroad motorcycles in the bed and hauling trailers.

I have this theory that the reason that America bounces back and forth from liberal to conservative (and I fear that President Obama will be the next bounce) is that when conservatives and faux conservatives like President Bush get elected, they cut taxes. This creates so much prosperity that the only way many of the comfortable can handle their feelings of guilt is by supporting left-wing causes. It certainly explains the billionaire's wing of the Democratic Party quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment