Monday, February 4, 2008

Dealing With Snow

Dealing With Snow

This morning my wife and I grabbed our snow shovels, planning to move enough snow to use the Trailblazer to crush down the remainder. As I was working my way down the hill, pacing myself to avoid snow shovel induced heart attack, our neighbor Dave called to me--and then I noticed someone using a Bobcat (a type of small earthmoving equipment) driving up the common road.

It turned out Mr. Helmick had brought his Bobcat over to help out one of his friends who lives in the same subdivision--and was quite to willing to do some snow removal for the rest of us for a very reasonable fee. Now, liberals would complain that he was taking advantage of our need because he had something that we didn't have. I would say that he had capitalized the equipment, and I was quite prepared to pay him $50 to make several passes over our driveway--a very reasonable price compared to shoveling it myself.

Anyway, you can see the results here.


Click to enlarge



Click to enlarge


The sun is out today, and we're beginning to get some melt.


Click to enlarge


One of our neighbors outside of the subdivision was feeling neighborly, and without asking for any money decided to clear the common road in--and our driveway.


Click to enlarge


That's one of the virtues of living here. A lot of people are prepared to work for a reasonable rate of pay, and others do things out of the goodness of their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment