Monday, July 11, 2005

The House Project: Wood!

My contractor told me that his crew went up Saturday and starting pounding nails--but when we went up Monday evening, we found a bit more than that!

The contractor had been trying to get Idaho Power to commit to when they were going to run the power cable through the conduit and get the transformer running to provide temporary power.



And we could hear the buzz of electricity from inside the transformer! It also appears that the crew had been using the power, as well, although the meter still shows no use.



I don't know what they are called, but the beams that bolt to the foundation upon which the risers and floor joists attach are in place, and some of the floor joists are in place. (That gap you see is where the door from the laundry room leads to the garage.)



Some of the subflooring is in place as well.



Apparently the framing crew is getting there at 7:00 AM, and knocking off about 2:00 PM. (We are getting some pretty hot days here lately.)

A September completion date is looking better and better. Now, if I could only get the lender to finish their paperwork, and start cutting checks to the builder.... If I can't get this to happen shortly, I may skip the construction loan completely, and pay cash until I can get a Certificate of Occupancy, and then finance it with my credit union. (This is less than optimal, because I would have to take out an equity loan on my current house, or sell some of my portfolio.)

The garage looks way too small for four cars, but assuming that the rest of the foundation was correctly poured (28 feet wide, except around the master bedroom), this should do the job for four Corvettes/Malibus/Equinoxes. I think the eyes are playing tricks on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment