Thursday, December 4, 2008

Astonishing Confirmation From Hawaiian Government Website

Astonishing Confirmation From Hawaiian Government Website

The December 3, 2008 Houston Chronicle carried an article about the Supreme Court's possible hearing of the suit demanding that Obama prove that he is a natural born citizen of the U.S. Amidst all the comments I actually found something of value: a link to a Hawaiian government website acknowledging that you can get a birth certificate from Hawaii even if you weren't born there!

Who is Eligible to Apply for an Amended Certificate of Birth?
As provided by law (HRS §§338-17.7, 338-20.5), the following persons may apply for an amended certificate of birth:

  • A person born in the State of Hawaii who already has a birth certificate filed with the Department of Health and

1. has become legally adopted, or

2. has undergone a sex change operation, or

3. a legal determination of the nonexistence of a parent and child relationship for a person identified as a parent on the birth certificate on file has been made, or

4. previously recorded information in relation to the person’s surname and/or the father’s personal particulars has been altered pursuant to law.

  • A person born in a foreign country who has been legally adopted in the State of Hawaii.
Look that over carefully. The first bullet point lists four situations where you can have your Hawaiian birth certificate reissued--and the second bullet point allows you to get a birth certificate issued even if you were not born there.

I've long wondered why Obama has been stonewalling on turning over the original long form birth certificate--you know, the one that was actually issued when he was born in Hawaii in 1961. The "Certification of Live Birth" that his campaign keeps showing is recently printed, and at least according to the Hawaiian Department of Health, is not necessarily proof of having been born in Hawaii. We know that Obama was adopted at one point by someone named Sotero. Was Obama adopted in Hawaii by Sotero?

Obama really needs to stop stonewalling and provide the original long form certificate. The longer he delays this, the more it looks like he has something to hide.

UPDATE: More information here. It would appear that if he was adopted in Hawaii and issued a birth certificate, it would clearly state country of birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment