Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lovely Weather

Lovely Weather

I've mentioned that it was a late spring, and I suspected that because of the sunspot decline, it might be an early fall--and a long winter. The last few days we have been having most un-August like weather for this area--in the low 70s in the late afternoon (if that), and 50s during the night. This means no air conditioning, and letting the cool breezes blow through the house at night. Delightful!

My wife has signed up to teach four English classes in the fall, because of the sudden loss of my contract in Bend. This doesn't make up for the loss of such a high paying job, of course, but it certainly makes it less severe than it might otherwise have been. I'm using my newly found leisure time playing secretary, typing up course outlines, syllabi, and assisting her with setting up electronic resources for her class. I'm doing a bit more shopping and housework than before, too. There are worse things, that's for sure. (I won't feel this way if I can't find a job in a few weeks, of course.)

No comments:

Post a Comment