Monday, December 28, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

Busy, Busy, Busy

Dave Kopel and I are working on two different articles for law reviews, one kind of minor with respect to the McDonald case, one actually pretty significant.

I am also working as fast as I can to get my lecture notes organized for Western Civilization class. Perhaps I am overdoing it, but I'm not winging it. When I don't know more than the textbook about a particular topic that I am going to be teaching, I'm researching recent scholarship on the subject to make sure that I am ready for any question that they throw at me. For example: I now not only know that our letter A comes from Phoenician aleph for ox, but our G comes from Phoenician gimel, for camel. The Greek and Cyrillic versions are a bit closer to the Phoenician letter than the Latin G.

No comments:

Post a Comment