Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Motorola Razr Recharging From USB Port

Motorola Razr Recharging From USB Port

I forgot my 110 VAC recharger for my Motorola Razr, and because the Jaguar's cigarette lighter is only hot when the car is on, my usual approach of leaving the phone in the car overnight to recharge doesn't work. Fortunately, my boss had a USB cable with the same little connector that the Razr uses for charging.

To my disappointment, however, when I plugged it in, the USB cable didn't recharge the Razr. It turns out that there is a device driver that you have to install (at least with some versions of Windows) to get the USB cable to do the recharging. My notebook, which runs Windows XP Professional, immediately recognized the Razr phone, and started charging. The desktop computer that I use at work required me to install a new device driver, which you can find here.

No comments:

Post a Comment