Monday, April 14, 2008

Tax Day Is Tomorrow


And writing the checks was very, very painful this year.

I wish that I could use this as a basis for denying the legitimacy of income taxes, but I really can't. I don't like them, but the government seems to have plenty of constitutional authority to levy them.

Much of what the federal government does is arguably contrary to the division of powers laid down by the Constitution, but since the vast majority of Americans don't dispute that the federal government should and does have good reason to do nearly everything it does, all I can do is whine about the taxes, and accept them.

I do need to get the spare house in Boise sold. If you are moving to the area: 2755 square feet; 5 bedrooms; 3 baths; 1/4 acre; granite countertops in the kitchen; built in late 2001. I'll be listing it with my realtor in a month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment