Friday, January 4, 2008

Iowa Caucuses

As a number of people have pointed out, the Iowa caucuses have a very poor track record in picking the major party nominees, and therefore, an even worse record of indicating who will be president. I see that Obama and even Edwards stomped Clinton. As much as I detest the Clintons and their (even by the standards of politicians) corrupt fundraising methods, Hilary Clinton would probably fight the Global War on Terror much more seriously than Obama or Edwards.

I also see that Huckabee did very well in the Republican caucuses. Again, the Iowa caucuses are representative of highly organized political activists within the two parties. I don't see that this means all that much. I also don't think Huckabee is going to survive serious discussions of foreign policy and GWOT questions in primary states.

No comments:

Post a Comment