Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Debate Will Not Be Televised!

Professor Rakove objected to our debate being filmed, so there's no video to show you. You will have to take my word for it--it was awesome! At the end, a shaft of sunlight shown around me, lighting up my halo, while Professor Rakove?
You may imagine how glad the queen was when she heard the name. And when soon afterwards the little man came in, and asked, now, mistress queen, what is my name, at first she said, is your name Conrad? No. Is your name Harry? No. Perhaps your name is Rumpelstiltskin?

The devil has told you that! The devil has told you that, cried the little man, and in his anger he plunged his right foot so deep into the earth that his whole leg went in, and then in rage he pulled at his left leg so hard with both hands that he tore himself in two.
Oh? You don't believe that's how it went? Well, I wish there was some video, then you would know that this is 100% the truth!

More seriously, I was disappointed that there will be no video of these three debates. We had a useful crowd of about 45 people, mostly students, and I think both of us managed to get the points across that we wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment