Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, We'll Call You, Tomorrow

The continuing tragedy of my broken notebook. Friday, customer support said that the case manager (who is two levels up from the phone techs) would call me back--certainly by Monday.

Monday came. I called. The case manager will call me back that day.

Tuesday came. I called. The case manager was busy. He will call me tomorrow.

I have heard from a lot of people who swear that they will never buy another HP because of their customer support. I am now on nine days with a notebook that doesn't work--and I bought the Express Repair service agreement. What would the Standard Repair speed be?

I emailed the VP of Customer Support for HP, both describing the severity of the problem (including sharing a part number between incompatible parts), and suggesting some methods of reducing costs and improving customer support. (There are some dreadfully inefficient aspects to how their support system works that are obvious from the outside.) I haven't heard back from him. Perhaps he is too busy trying to get his HP notebook repaired.

No comments:

Post a Comment