Sunday, September 4, 2005

House Project: Second Round of Water Tests

I had mentioned that the first water tests indicated very high lead levels: according to the test results, .100 mg/L. Anyway, the second set of results, after draining the water tank and refilling from the well, gives .015 mg/L of lead (or 15 micrograms per liter)--the EPA action level for lead in public water supplies. This is still a bit higher than I would like to see, so I guess that I will be buying reverse osmosis units for the kitchen and bathroom sinks. (There is apparently no whole house filtering system for lead that produces enough water.)

I am tempted to install a whole house particulate matter filter first, and run the tests one more time. If this lead is in a fine particular form, I won't need the reverse osmosis filters.

No comments:

Post a Comment